What is WaterSense?
WaterSense, a partnership program by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, seeks to protect the future of our nation’s water supply by offering people a simple way to use less water with water-efficient products, new homes, and services.
WaterSense brings together a variety of stakeholders to:
• Promote the value of water efficiency.
• Provide consumers with easy ways to save water, as both a label for products and an information resource to help people use water more efficiently.
• Encourage innovation in manufacturing.
• Decrease water use and reduce strain on water resources and infrastructure.
• The program seeks to help consumers make smart water choices that save money and maintain high environmental standards without compromising performance. Products and services that have earned the WaterSense label have been certified to be at least 20 percent more efficient without sacrificing performance.
Upgrading to more efficient WaterSense labeled products can help us to save billions of gallons of water in the country every year. Something as simple as twisting on a WaterSense labeled aerator and upgrading to a WaterSense labeled faucet could save a household 11,000 gallons over the life of the faucet. Learn more about how you can save water and help WaterSense preserve and protect our nation’s water resources.