New Study Shows Likes & Dislikes
GuildQuality, a leading provider of customer satisfaction surveying for the residential building industry, recently conducted a national survey of homeowners who purchased a National Green Building Standard (NGBS) certified green home built within the past three years. The study, commissioned by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) aimed to uncover how green homeowners feel after purchasing their home; primarily focusing on their overall satisfaction and whether they would recommend purchasing a green home to others.
Key findings of the study reveal:
- 94% would recommend a green home to a friend.
- 92% would purchase another green home.
- 71% of respondents believe that green homes are, overall, of higher quality.
- 55% knew their home may have cost more than a non-green home, but believed the benefits outweighed the cost.
- 90% were satisfied knowing they “did the right thing” in buying a green home.
Homeowners also provided their feedback on what influenced their decision to purchase a green home, and the sustainable features they value most. According to respondents, low utility bills, energy efficiency and better insulation topped the list of the green-related aspects that homeowners were most satisfied with.