Did you know…there are no public health standards for Indoor Air Quality in buildings?
One of our founding principles is healthy indoor air. This means careful moisture management and a high rate of ventilation. Amazingly, increasing air exchanges per hour, a very low cost intervention, can reduce transmission of illness up to 90% and dramatically reduces exposure to indoor pollutants. Additionally, instead of expensive air cleaners, we simply keep pollutants out in the first place so both kids and adults can breathe clean pollutant free air.
An established healthy building’s greatest risk are items carried into it – cleaning products, weed and critter control products, etc. We recommend flame-retardant-free millwork and furniture where possible, and always use spec low- or zero-VOC materials.
Insulsteel builds homes to Indoor AirPLUS construction specifications, which are certified by independent raters. The goal of EPA Indoor AirPLUS is to promote healthy indoor air conditions for the public, both in their homes and in indoor public spaces.
EcoShell’s InsulAIRE system improves indoor air quality an essential element in healthy livability of modern-day homes. The EcoShell integrates micro filtration; continuous fresh air exchange and UV light filtration technologies to achieve EPA Indoor airPLUS certification.
EcoShell homes features HVAC high velocity systems that recycle air, while micro-filtration and fresh air exchange systems protect inhabitants from allergens, mold, and moisture. The HVAC system also uses UV light filtration to kill airborne bacteria.
Indoor Air Quality Certified by the EPA
– EPA studies show that air pollution levels inside the average home are often two to five times higher than outdoor levels.
– Every Insulsteel EcoShell™ home has certified indoor air quality – protecting from moisture and mold, pests, combustion gases, and other air pollutants.
– Certified indoor air is healthier for everyone, especially for people with asthma, allergies, COPD and chemical sensitivities.
No VOC’s, Off-Gassing, or Formaldehydes
– Insulsteel EcoShell™ panels do not contain any VOCs (volatile organic compounds) or other harmful chemicals.
– Materials used to make Insulsteel panels (expanded polystyrene, galvanized steel, and adhesive) meet some of the most stringent standards for indoor air quality.
– Insulsteel uses low-toxic building materials and finishes such as low-VOC paint and low-toxic sealants, caulk, mortar, and adhesives.
– Carefully selected building materials limit the potential for mold growth and are formaldehyde-free.
Quieter Living Environment
– Studies have shown that a quieter home is a healthier place to be.
– Because Insulsteel EcoShell™ panels are highly insulated, outside noise is greatly reduced.
– Insulsteel homes are significantly quieter than traditionally built structures.